Your home is one of the biggest investments you make. Beyond the financial aspect, there is also an emotional attachment to your home. Therefore, it is very important to ensure the safety and security of your home. A security door becomes a very important way of protecting your home and the security gets strengthened when you have a triple lock system. In case of a malfunction, you must work on repairing it at priority so that you get a good peaceful sleep. With a proper lock in place, you will not have to worry about someone breaking into your home.
Common reasons of malfunction in a triple lock security door
If you see a problem with your triple security lock there can be some common causes behind the issue. It is also good to be aware of the possible causes so that you can do some diagnoses as a first step when a problem occurs:
- Sometimes misalignment happens between the locking points of the door and the lock. This problem is most common with UPVC doors because in summer the door expands due to the heat.
- A faulty lock cylinder can be another common issue, this is when the movement of the key inside the lock does not have any effect.
- If you apply too much pressure on the key it can break while still being inside the lock. This most often happens when the key gets stuck and we apply further pressure to twist the key.
- Sometimes in cold weather or due to debris stuck in the cylinder, the key might not fit in the lock.
- If the internal mechanism of the lock breaks the lock will not work properly. But this is a rare scenario with a good quality triple lock security system.
How to fix a triple lock security system?
If you have an issue with your triple lock door, don’t worry a good professional service provider can help resolve the problem. Here are some simple ways in which the lock can be fixed:
- If there is a major alignment issue, you will have to seek professional help to realign the lock with the door.
- If there is an issue with the lock cylinder the lock needs to be opened and then the alignment of the carrier with the cylinder has to be checked. If it is not aligned, the cylinder will have to be checked for any broken pieces and it might need a replacement.
- If dust and dirt piled up in the lock are causing the problem, then pressurized air can be used to blow the dirt. Water should never be used for cleaning the lock as it can cause rust and make the situation worse.
- Lubricants can make the lock smooth and make the mechanical parts of the lock more active. A well-lubricated lock feels like a new one.
- If none of the above options work, it is probably time to replace the lock with a new one.
A professional locksmith is the best person to fix any problem with a triple lock security door as they can find the root cause and advise on the way forward accordingly.